Three Sixty Pro in conjunction with the African American Chamber of Greater Cincinnati | Northern Kentucky and the Ohio Minority Business Assistance Program is pleased to announce a webinar series to assist small businesses with setting up their Google My Business Listings.
Please register for a webinar of your choosing below:
Tuesday 7 April 2020 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM (EDT)
Wednesday 8 April 2020 06:30 PM – 07:30 PM (EDT)
Thursday 9 April 2020 02:00 PM – 03:00 PM (EDT)
The Minority Business Assistance Center Program is funded by the Ohio Development Services Agency.
• Special arrangements for the handicapped can be made. Please make this request in advance of the event.
• This program is provided on a non-discriminatory basis.
This webinar will start off with describing what Google My Business (GMB) is.
We will then explore how GMB can improve your local search results. We will demonstrate how to get the app and how to use the desktop version of the app.
We will then give you a guided tour of what you need to do, to get your business registered and verified on GMB.
Following this, we will go through every aspect of the listing giving you suggestions on how to setup your listing for maximum effect.
Lastly, we will discuss the importance of reviews on GMB and other social media in general. We will introduce you to the concept of emotional intelligence when responding to reviews.
The webinar will finish off with an opportunity for me to answer any questions.
All questions that are not covered during the webinar will be answered and will be made available for all at the end of the webinar series.
You may want to download the GMB app to your desktop and mobile before the webinar.
1) Is Google My Business free? Yes, GMB is free to setup and manage. This includes the free website that is part of the system. Google ads is directly attached to GMB so if you wanted to setup advertising you can from here, but that would cost whatever Google charges for advertising. If you want a virtual tour (Google Street View) you can get that but that would cost whatever the independent contractor charges. You could do this yourself if you can get hold of a 360 camera. Link to Google recognized photographers. https://www.google.com/streetview/contacts-tools/
2) What if you work out of a home office but don’t want that address listed? Firstly you do have to give Google your registered business address and it has to be a street address that receives mail. That is just so Google can confirm that you are a real business. But this is not automatically shown on your listing, you select whether it is shown or not. I discuss this here https://youtu.be/WVOn2KLcbQo?t=1791
3) During the COVID 19 epidemic are reviews able to be submitted, and will they be updated once the system is up and running? No, right now that functionality is not available, you can however see past reviews, but you cannot reply to those yet.